Address: Room 238,
In the recent past, I pursued research in the following areas: Android app analysis (details of our Amandroid tool are available here), Pub/Sub with P2PSIP, optimal scheduling of the message ferry in DTNs, game models for DoS/DDoS attacks, stochastic games for cyber security, non-monotonic ciphertext policy attribute-based encryption, and attack-resilient hierarchical data aggregation protocols for sensor networks. My CV can be found here.
- Assistant Professor, BGSU. In Fall 2015, I have offered "CS 6800: Security Analysis of Mobile Apps" and "CS 3000: Societal and Professional Issues of Computing", and in Spring 2016, I have offered "CS 3650: Programming Languages".
- Instructor, K-State. In Spring 2013, offered Practical Cyber Security (CIS 490 G). Offered a concise version of this course at U.S. Army Command and General Staff College (CGSC) in Ft. Leavenworth three times during 2013-2014.
- Adjunct Faculty, Howard University. In Fall 2010 and Fall 2011 offered Unix Systems Tools , and in Spring 2011 co-taught Scientific Computing with C, Maxima, and Excel. In Spring 2012, I taught Scientific Computing with C, Maxima, and Excel by myself.
- Lecturer, Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM), Kolkata, India. 01/2002 - 07/2002.
- Lecturer, International Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, India. 08/2001 - 12/2001.
Advisors: Prof. Sushil Jajodia, and Prof. Sanjeev Setia
Thesis: Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks
Center for Secure Information Systems
Volgenau School of Information Technology and Engineering
George Mason University
- Ph.D., Information Technology, November 2008, George Mason University, USA
- M.S., Computer Science, May 2001, Indian Statistical Institute, India
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, May 1997, Bengal Engineering College, India
TPC member: CCNC 2016, TenSymp 2015, IEEE SSCI (CICS) 2015, SecureComm 2014, GameSec 2014, GLOBECOM 2014 - Communication and Information Systems Security (CISS) Symposium, IEEE/SAE ICCVE 2013, SecureComm 2013, GLOBECOM 2013 - Communication and Information Systems Security (CISS) Symposium, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTCFall2013), IEEE SSCI (CICS) 2013, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTCSpring2013), International Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2012), IEEE SSCI (CICS) 2012, International Conference on Information Systems Security (ICISS 2011), IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2011), Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Cyber Security (CICS 2011), 6th International Conference on Information Warfare and Security (ICIW 2011), International Conference on Advanced Computing (ICoAC 2010), IEEE 72nd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2010-Fall), Network and Information Security Symposium in CHINACOM 2009.
Reviewer: IEEE INFOCOM 2015, ASIACCS 2015, ACSAC 2014, ICDCN 2014, ACM ASIACCS 2014, IEEE TWC 2014, IEEE Transactions on Cybernatics 2014, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 2013, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 2013, IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games (2013), IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (2012), RESTUD 2012, Wiley WCM (2012), TrustED 2012, NAS 2012, ANT 2012, Elsevier CoSe 2012, JSAC SI-NetEcon 2012, WCNC 2011, Globecom 2011, Transactions on Networking (2011), IEEE INFOCOM 2011, IEEE WCNC 2011, Esorics, AsiaCCS, Elsevier Journal of Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, and IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing.
- Sanjeev Setia, Sankardas Roy, and Sushil Jajodia. Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks. Book Chapter, Wireless Sensor Network Security, J. Lopez, J. Zhou (Eds.), ISBN 978-1-58603-8137, IOS Press, 2008.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Harkeerat Bedi, Sankardas Roy, and Sajjan Shiva. Mitigating Congestion-based DoS Attacks with an Enhanced AQM Technique. Elsevier Journal of Computer Communications (ComCom 2015).
- Sankardas Roy, Mauro Conti, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks: Filtering out the Attacker's Impact. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), 9(4): 681-694, 2014.
- Harkeerat Bedi, Sankardas Roy, and Sajjan Shiva. Mitigating Congestion Based DoS Attacks with an Enhanced AQM Technique. Elsevier Computer Communications, 2014.
- Jiazhen Jhou, Sankardas Roy, Jiang Li, and Yi Qian. Minimizing the Average Delay of Messages in Pigeon Networks. Accepted by IEEE Transactions on Communication, 2013.
- M Chuah, P Yang, S Roy, B Sheng. Performance Evaluation of Dissemination Schemes for Coded Packets in Heterogeneous Sparse Ad Hoc Networks. Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks 15 (2-4), 151-181, 2012.
- Sankardas Roy, Mauro Conti, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), 7(3): 1040-1052 (2012).
- Jiazhen Jhou, Jiang Li, Yi Qian, Sankardas Roy, and Kenneth Mitchell. Quasi-Optimal Dual-phase Scheduling for Pigeon Networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 61(9): 4157-4169 (2012).
- Bo Zhu, Sanjeev Setia, Sushil Jajodia, Sankardas Roy and Lingyu Wang. Localized Multicast: Efficient and Distributed Replica Detection in Large-scale Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 9(7): 913-926 (2010).
- Sankardas Roy, Mauro Conti, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Secure Median Computation in Wireless Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc Networks 7(8): 1448-1462 (2009). (pdf).
- Mauro Conti, Lei Zhang, Sankardas Roy, and Sushil Jajodia. Protecting Privacy in Data Aggregation in Sensor Networks. Security and Communication Networks 2(2): 195-213 (2009). (pdf).
- Sankardas Roy, Jordan DeLoach, Yuping Li, Nic Herndon, Doina Caragea, Xinming Ou, Venkatesh Ranganathan, Hongmin Li and Nicolais Guevara. Experimental Study with Real-world Data for Android App Security Analysis using Machine Learning. Proceedings of the Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2015. (pdf)
- Fengguo Wei, Sankardas Roy, Xinming Ou, and Robby. Amandroid: A Precise and General Inter-component Data Flow Analysis Framework for Security Vetting of Android Apps. ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2014: 1329-1341. (pdf)
- Harkeerat Bedi, Sankardas Roy, and Sajjan Shiva. Mitigating Congestion-based Denial of Service Attacks with Active Queue Management. IEEE Global Communications Conference ( Globecom 2013).
- Jiazhen Zhou, Sankardas Roy, Jiang Li, and Yi Qian. A Geographical Partitioning-based Pigeon Assignment in a Pigeon Network. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2012).
- Harkeerat Bedi, Sankardas Roy, and Sajjan Shiva. Game Theory-based Defense Mechanisms against DDoS Attacks on TCP/TCP-friendly flows. Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI 2011). (pdf)
- Sankardas Roy, Charles Ellis, Sajjan Shiva, Dipankar Dasgupta, Vivek Shandilya, and Qishi Wu. A Survey of Game Theory as Applied to Network Security. The 43rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2010. (pdf)
- Sajjan Shiva, Sankardas Roy, Harkeerat Bedi, Dipankar Dasgupta, and Qishi Wu. A Stochastic Game with Imperfect Information for Cyber Security. To appear in the 5th International Conference on i-Warfare & Security (ICIW), 2010. (pdf)
- Qishi Wu, Sajjan Shiva, Sankardas Roy, Charles Ellis, and Vivek Datla. On Modeling and Simulation of Game Theory-based Defense Mechanisms against DoS and DDoS Attacks. Accepted by Spring Simulation Multiconference (SpringSim), 2010. (pdf)
- Sankardas Roy, Mauro Conti, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Securely Computing An Approximate Median in Wireless Sensor Networks. SecureComm 2008. (pdf). More details are in a technical report.
- Bo Zhu, V. Gopala Addada, Sanjeev Setia, Sushil Jajodia, and Sankardas Roy. Efficient Distributed Detection of Node Replication Attacks in Sensor Networks. ACSAC 2007 . (pdf)
- Sankardas Roy, V. Gopala Addada, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Securing MAODV: Attacks and Countermeasures. IEEE SECON 2005. (pdf)
Refereed Workshop papers
- Mooi Choo Chuah, Sankardas Roy, and I. Stoev. Secure Descriptive Message Dissemination in DTNs.Accepted by the Second International Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networking (MobiOpp), 2010. (pdf)
- Sankardas Roy, Sanjeev Setia, and Sushil Jajodia. Attack-resilient Hierarchical Data Aggregation in Sensor Networks.ACM SASN 2006. (pdf)
Papers under Review
Last Updated: March, 2016.